Monday, May 14, 2018

conscientious objector_Rashid

Dearest Mother,
I hope you are well and
that you are safe.
I hope you have
enough food to eat
and that you
support my decision of
not joining the Army.
How has the
weather been down in
New Zealand? I miss
home so much,
especially spending time
with my brother.


I have decided to write
to you to
let you know my main
reasons for being a
conscientious objector.
One of the reasons
I chose not to be in
combat was because
I have sensitive skin.
This means that if my
skin gets exposed
to citrus from fruit it
causes my skin to have
rashes.


Another one of my main
reasons is
hat I  get growing pains.
It means that when I grow
I feel a pain
on my legs. So if I run
it hurts painfully.


I don’t believe in war.
It’s wrong to hurt
other people and
end their lives.
I was taught not to
hurt other people
because it’s wrong and
I have a lot of
responsibilities to take
care of at home.It’s
hard when I am only twelve.


From Jason  

No comments:

Post a Comment